Monday, December 1, 2008

December... It's Here!

Well... The Big Month of December is here. That means many of us are going to drive ourselves over the edge with all the things that "must be done" in order to have a happy holiday. We, here at house of Armstrong.... are doing our best to keep it as simple as possible. We do have the tree up and the lights are strung in the front windows... but we are not going to decorate the outside or hang outdoor lights.



Being that it is December First... it's our 6th month anniversary! We have been married a whole six months... and it's been blissful. We are happy and contented and I am grateful to have someone who loves me no matter what. I cannot wait to see how we will be in, say 6 years??? I think we will be as blissful as we are now... because we work at it everyday... and I married one amazing, forgiving and loving man!



It's been great fun for me to unpack and put up Christmas decorations that I have not seen in years. It's also been fun to add to my collections... Ham has been very sweet to me and loves to find me special little things to add to my collection of snowmen. I also have a small Santa collection. I have a few things that I will be sharing in the next few weeks. A while back, I posted about my painting skills... and as I unwrapped some of my ornaments, I came across several that I have made. (During the 90's... I didn't sleep much and I started a crafts co-op that was pretty successful until the market became too saturated.) Anyway... I am going to be showing some of my ornaments and parts of my collections during this holiday season... I hope that you will come back to see what I have done. On that note, here is my all time favorite Christmas Ornament... made back in 1995:



It's a Santa postage stamp! It's not much bigger than 2"x3"... but I love it and I hope to maybe make some more like that this year.

Thanks for reading!
Suzanne

No comments: