Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sweet Sunday Love...

It's been a sweet morning here at Sugarloaf Cottage. With all the work we did yesterday in the damp garage... I woke up sick. I have another yucky, wracking cough because I didn't wear a mask while I was in there. (I am very allergic to mold and mildew.... I will spare you anymore details!)

My Sweet DH knew that I struggled for sleep last night... so again, he let me sleep. It also meant that we missed church again. (Sorry, Lord.) DH made me breakfast and brought me juice and he walked the dog. How lucky am I? When I think of gifts for this holiday season... I cannot think of a thing that anyone could get me... I have all I could ever want with this sweet wonderful man who wants to take care of me. So... that's what will go under our tree this year. Nothing but love. Sounds a bit like Pollyanna... but it's true, I don't want anything this year. God has blessed us... and we are grateful.

That reminds me of my favorite prayer ~ The Prayer of Jabez. It's found in 1 Chronicles 4:9-10. It's a simple 4 line prayer that has been very meaningful to me. It reads as this: "Oh that you would bless me and expand my territory! Please be with me in all that I do, and keep me from all trouble and pain." And God granted his request.
I have prayed this prayer daily in the last 3 years, and it is amazing to see the blessings that God has poured out upon me and now upon DH. God does love to bless us all... and he loves it even more when we ask him to bless us. I am so grateful for the riches of His Kingdom and all that he has blessed me with.

Thanks for reading... BE BLESSED on this Sweet Sunday!
~Warm Hugs and sunday Love,
~Suzanne