Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's Still Holding On!

I woke up with NO voice this morning. I haven't sounded this bad since I did the iodine-free diet for 2 weeks to prepare for my nuclear ablation on what was left of my thyroid tissue. I took more sudafed, and really hot. hot shower, lots of Vicks (btw, Puffs with lotion and Vicks really rocks!) and drank a ton of water. Finally, I sound a little like me, as long as I don't get choked up.

I ventured out to the flower shop. I wish I had taken my camera with me. They finally got their poinsettia delivery... and they are so gorgeous. I will try and take a few pictures tomorrow if I can get out. My uncle Ray on my dad's side, married into the Ecki family that raises many of the poinsettia stock that is sold around the world. He and his wife traveled extensively in the 60's and 70's for the family business. When they finally decided to retire, they went to Switzerland for their golden years. They had 2 sons, Rob and Duane. I am certain those 2 boys have also amassed a great fortune, along with what they inherited and who knows where they are living these days. My memories of them, were that they both worked at Disneyland during college. (Again back in the 60's!)

I'm sorry that I don't have any pictures to add on today. I am having an issue with one of the settings on my camera and all my pictures are coming out blurred. So... once I sit down and fiddle with the settings, hopefully I will have something from my Holiday collections to share!

Thanks for reading. Be Blessed!
~Suzanne

1 comment:

Pearl said...

hi there! i hope you feel better :)