Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Gray Day in the Rain.

Yep... that's what we woke up to.... that and some good wind too. They say we will have a mild day tomorrow. I hope so. And they say we are going to have snow next week. But in the midst of this gray day... I went to the flower shop. I had to show my friend "JB" my new hair cut and color. Finally... someone got it right and I look normal again! We sat and chatted and she and her sissy shard their lunch with me. We had such a cozy afternoon, sharing about movies, past experiences and even sharing haunted and haunting stories. Perfect for a day like today. She did have some customers while we there, so she did have some work to do. Things everywhere are slowing down and the flower shop is no different.

I came home around 2:45 and got busy being domestic. I have made a casserole for dinner tonight and it is the oven as I sit and type. I'm doing a take on 3-bean soup, making it more of a casserole with smoked sausage, bacon, ground beef, onion, butter beans and Bush's homestyle baked beans with brown sugar and bacon.... add some seasonings like spicy brown mustard and a little catsup, some parsley, garlic and onion powder, season salt and coarse ground pepper. Yummmmm... it should hit the spot on this cold, blustery night.

No comments: