Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The bounty of the farm market

We went up in to the Poconos this past weekend... and as we were headed to our destination, we passed a farm market. We knew that we would stop on our way back. It was fabulous and we can't wait to go back in the spring.




Here's a picture of our bounty... cauliflower, broccoli, turnips, brussell sprouts, grapefruit, farmers cheese, homemade breakfast bread and scrapple made in Lancaster. We've had the brussell sprouts and they were so yummy and DH has had some of the grapefruit. They had a dairy case full of yogurt and raw milk... and they were sold out of fresh homemade sour cream.

We are thinking of going down to the Green Dragon on Friday... but it will depend on the weather. It's hard to know what's happening elsewhere... since we live in the valley... it can be quite different just a couple of miles away.

It is the week of my birthday... good wishes and blessings are starting to come in.... and I have told DH that I have everything that I could want for my birthday... I have a loving husband, my sweet Nolli-dog, and our own place to be... (I know that I am who I am...) and I have so many wonderful blessings.

1 comment:

Mrs. Darling said...

Well Happy Birthday to you. Hope its a good one!