Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Feeling Very Blessed.

Here we are... the big day before Turkey Day... and I know that everyone is busy with prepping food and doing last minute shopping and errands. I don't really have much to do today as we were planning on DH working in Philly today and not being home until very late due to traffic. He got diverted north about halfway thru his day, so he will be through with most of the traffic when his day ends.


I woke up at 4:30 this morning. I could not go back to sleep. I got up and read, played online games and packed a huge lunch for DH. I wasn't feeling all that well... just the usual heart palpitations and pressure from my medications. I did manage to fall back to sleep around 7:30 and slept til 9:30. I woke up groggy. I wanted to stay in bed. I puttered around and did some reading. I was still in my jammies when the door bell rang! It was Janie from the flower shop, delivering me a beautiful fall arrangement from my wonderful next door neighbors for my birthday! I was so touched and I could barely believe it!



I've also gotten phone calls from friends today, as they start their Thanksgiving prep and needed advice on what to do at a certain step. Very fun and made me feel special that they would remember to call me about a cooking question! Oh... and then I remember that I needed to go to the post office... so off I went! Look what I brought back.... My sister sent this for my birthday! She knows that I love farm animals! It's just perfect for my little kitchen.


I also brought a second package home! It happens to be from Becky at Just Bee'n Me! I am feeling so blessed today. Thank you Becky for such a wonderful surprise package! She even sent something for my friend JB at the flower shop!


Inside this box was so many wonderful treasures.She sent a platter, 2 cute doilies, thank you notes, holiday mailing lables, a cute candle and holder, 4 brown glass leaf plates, a book mark, her cookbook and her calendar and a wonderful fall apron. I can hardly wait to sit down with the cookbook and find some new yummies to make for dinner! I feel very blessed this Thanksgiving!

No comments: