Thursday, February 19, 2009

Quiet day...

That's what I am having today... a quiet day. I have tried to keep the tv off... and tried to get some rest. While it is a blessing that DH has had 2 night calls this week... it does take it's toll on me. (I don't know how he does it!) Both times, the calls came in around 9 pm. The first one was only 3 hours... but last night's call was for 5 1/2 hours... meaning that Hubs didn't get home until after 2 am... and he had to be up for work by 6:30. I only slept in 2 hour increments last night, and I am feeling very groggy today. Like I said... I don't know how he does it.

DH, before he met me... had a very precarious life... not life style... but precarious due to the people that came in to it and how it affected him. He is very protective and loyal by nature. His last girlfriend... was not a very good person... he had no idea of all of her past, until it was too late. By then, they had moved to a new house in the city... and the job that she wanted and was the reason they moved, soon ended. Because she was bi-polar, and started using drugs. DH got very use to having to stay up for days on end to keep the riff-raff from stealing every last thing he had.

He tells me of stories... how she would bring people in to the house... and she would have drug parties upstairs or down in the basement. That when he left to go to work... he didn't know what would be gone when he came back. And that he didn't know what he found that wasn't there when he left. It was awful for him... and it was a hard and costly mess to get away from. He still gets calls on his work phone from her drug dealers... those are listed as DNA... Do Not Answer... because you cannot block a cell phone number like you can a landline number.

So... tonight, when he gets home from work... I will let him clean up and crash... we will have leftover homemade chicken noodle soup... anything that is "pressing" can simply wait for now. Like I said... the night calls are really a blessing... and we know from whom all blessings come!
We are blessed with a simple life... and that there is no chaos here ( and we work hard to keep it that way!)

So... there are no funny pictures... no photos of the cute dog... just my words,
Thanks for reading! Be blessed.
~Suzanne

**** OK... this must be a BUMMER of a post... Sorry! I will do better next time. (Did I give y'all too much real life info? Just keeping it real... come on, everyone has a past! And some can be rather "colorful" or "precarious". Just be glad that I didn't write about my brother or his ex-wife, trying to raise 3 little boys so many years ago. (Trust me when I say that it was extremely crazy and chaotic!) I have lots of gray hairs from that time in our lives! ****

No comments: