Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Dilemma

I have been looking for work... everyday. And there are a few things out there that I am very qualified to do and lots of things that I am "overqualified" to do. No one... in this area... wants to hire me!

So... I have been reviewing the 'ole budget... and the one thing I can see that would help... (this makes me want to cry just thinking it...) is to give up my cellphone. Gasp! Gahhhhhhh! .... slow... deep... breaths....

But really... I don't need a cell phone if I never go anywhere.
DH... he does need his! He uses his to call me to let me know where he is or when he will be home. He uses his "navigator" ALL The Time!






Me... I occasionally talk on it... but I mostly just play Chuzzle on it now. Only 2 or 3 of my friends ever call me on it. It would probably cut our bill to more than half.... and that would pay for a lot of groceries. I haven't even talked to DH about it yet.




I am overdue to renew my contract... I could do the upgrade to the really cool phone that DH has wanted from when I worked for the company and let him take my number... or we could go ahead and change it to a number up here.

Then, when... not if... but when... I go back to work, we can add my line back on to the plan. Oh... yes... that pains me a great deal. I haven't been without a cell phone for a very long time... except for that first year that I moved to Maryland... I've had a cell phone for over 19 years.

I guess I just need to keep praying about it... and wait up on the Lord. (And we all know I don't always wait so well... )


Thanks for reading... be blessed! (Keep those prayers a'comin'!)

~Suzanne

3 comments:

Lisa said...

SOMETIMES THOSE DECISIONS ARE THE BEST. YOUR SMART AND I THINK YOU'LL DO WELL WITHOUT IT. I JUST GOT ONE LAST MONTH. WHAT DID OUR PARENTS DO WHEN WE WERE KIDS?

HUGS FROM MAINE

http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/

Suzanne said...

Oh... Lisa, thank you! It's scary for me. But Hubs and I talked about it over dinner tonight, and it's the right thing to do for this time. Until I get a job, I just don't need it. Thanks for your support... it does mean a lot to me!
~Suzanne

Anonymous said...

We hardly ever use a cell phone... so we purchased one where you buy minutes... that way you don't pay the monthly fee, you just pay for your minutes... cheap cheap cheap... try it. We use AT&T services... it's pay as you go... it's expesive per minute, but I only use my payphone about once or twice a month, so if I buy $60 worth, it lasts me for about 6 months. It may end up being much more affordable for you in the long run if you hardly ever use your cell phone.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal