Thursday, February 5, 2009

I dunno...

I am in a bit of an worrying slump. I think there are a lot of people who are feeling the same way that I do... The economic slump that we are in is tough... and it feels that it's only going to get tougher before it gets better. I only hope and pray that we aren't swept under with it. I so need to go to work... please lift me up in prayer... That's all I ask.


On a happier note... Here is what I have been trying to tackle! (I am keeping it very real here...) Yes, this is a huge mess. And I have too much pride to show the other side of the room. And this was after I had spent over 1 1/2 hours working on this pile of crap! Some of these boxes and bins have been in storage for the last 3 years. Some of the items I have unearthed have been very happy little reunions with myself and "said little treasure." It's a work in progress... and I have to get it tackled and cleared out within a couple of weeks! Yikes.

And to show you just how stressed and crazy I have been... this is what we had for dinner the other night. I have been wanting to go to the rib joint at the top of the hill... be we are trying to keep things in control so we can have things like... electricty or heat! So... I did my version of a sampler platter with boneless ribs to feed my "fat tooth" as it were.


That's a platter of cheese sticks, onion rings, homemade zucchini sticks and ribs... it was yummy!





We did manage to chase all that fat down with a couple of healthy salads... so it wasn't all bad!


Thanks for reading... be blessed!

~Suzanne

1 comment:

Elizabeth Carole said...

I love the salad!! It looks wonderfully delicious! Gary loves ribs but I think pork with the bones, not really sure yet, it has not been long enough plus I don't usually eat pork or beef. You are such a great cook, I can't wait to taste your cooking again! soon my friend.