Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What a day...

We woke up to an ice storm this morning... the same one that hit the midwest. Poor Ham was up early and called the *"a$$hat" to let him know what the weather was doing. The a$$hat told him that the weather was just fine down his way... (which happens to be 80 miles south and a much lower elevation) and that he had better not be too long in getting to Philly this morning. He has no idea of all the closures and liberal leave notices are on the tv, let alone how thick the ice actually is. Ham got up and got going on the road by 6:30. I spent my morning praying.

(* asshat - One who has their head up their ass. Thus wearing their ass as a hat. Asshat -taken from the Urban dictionary )

I have continued to work on boxes in the guest room. I have worked at sorting all my Christmas storage bins. I have a huge stack of boxes ready to go to the loft in the basement. Ham finally got to the lights on the windows tonight. We have finished Christmas... finally!

I pretty much have most of our everyday things put back into place. Tomorrow, I will really dive into deep cleaning, with moving furniture and polishing everything. Ham has to be on the road really early tomorrow, thankfully I have his lunch ready to go into his cooler. Just ordinary, everyday stuff.

Tonight, I will spend the most of the night in prayer... lifting up my home town as they batten down for another great flood. My brother came to my sisters tonight, they were bringing their appliances and cars to the hill for safe keeping. They had water in their home with the last flood and this one is suppose to be worse than that. With all the snow the Pacific Northwest has had it's now going to melt along with the 6-10 inches of rain that they will get... not a good combination for an area that really just began to recover from the flood from Dec. '07. Please join me in lifting them up in prayer... along with the rest of my family and also my home church. If the dike does not hold... the lower level of the church will have water up to the ceiling. My sister said she would keep me posted.

PS~ I have several friends on facebook... if you all can, please post so we all know what is going on!

Thanks for reading... be blessed!
~Suzanne

No comments: