Sunday, January 18, 2009

Dashed Hopes

We have been on target for a Craigslist Adventure since Tuesday. I am often on the website, searching for a good deal. Many things in our little home are from Craigslist.

I have been searching for a comfy little sofa or loveseat to go in our sitting room. We currently have two wingback chairs and an antique wicker rocker in there. I went to Craigslist, to a different region than I normally shop... and found a listing for 2 loveseats. One was perfect in shape, size and color... and in price! (It was only $50!) I was elated, to say the least.

I contacted the seller... she was waiting until her husband came home on Saturday night from a business trip. So we agreed that Sunday would be the day!

I called her this morning... and she told me they were going to keep the love seat that I wanted. The other one she had listed was still available. (It's burnt orange.... I was a teenager in the 70's and I had my fill of burnt orange, harvest gold and avocado green in that decade... No, Thank you... I'm not having it in this decade either!) I am heart broken. And will be... for about 2 or 3 days. Then I will gather up my courage, and look again.

On a happier note... we got 3 more inches of snow last night. I'm seriously thinking of asking DH if we made the right choice in coming up to this neck of the woods. We could go back to Maryland, but then I'm not sure where we would live in relation to his company. (And I could go back to work for my previous company... but. do I really want that? (I don't think so...) So... ummm... case closed on that idea!

Ok... on with the rest of the weekend. I am going to be making some potato soup for dinner tonight. That is the only thing I can say is definitely going to happen... that and the snowplow guy will be by!

Thanks for reading... be blessed and warm!
~Suzanne

1 comment:

Screwed Up Texan said...

Have you tried freecycle? Also, outlet stores can be a good source for low cost furniture. The one we have here has all the new and expensive up front and then all the less expensive stuff towards the back.