Monday, January 12, 2009

Mundane Monday

We had a different start to the work week. DH went to work last night for a client that needed several repairs to a conveyor line but they run everyday until 11pm. So, to meet the clients needs, he went to work last night at 11 and worked overnight. I had a very rough night last night.

I couldn't go to sleep right away. I did some reading, I played games online. I made myself a snack, hoping it would make me sleepy. Finally... at 1:40, I was sleepy and manged to find my way into bed. I was cold anyway. I woke up at 5:30 this morning... hearing someone talking on a cellphone. I couldn't fathom who was outside at that time of day with the kind of freezing temperatures we have. But it was enough to make me disoriented and unsettled. I finally fell back asleep... and then DH came home from work at 7:30. I got up and helped him stow away his things and went back to bed with DH after he got cleaned up. I was awakened at 8:45 by the door bell... it was the oil company... coming to do their delivery 3 days early. I gave up!

I puttered and did quiet things so I wouldn't wake DH. He got up at 11:45 to start on his paperwork and the several phone calls back and forth with A.H. We've had lunch... I've walked Nolli... and the cloud cover has come back and I am going to close the drapes to keep the heat in... I can't believe how fast it gets cold in here when the sun goes behind the clouds. Actually... DH said it's snowing again. This is going to be a tough week for me... please pray that our heat holds out til Thursday... and I survive being cold. I keep adding layers... but it doesn't seem to be helping me right now. (Darn Thyroid - or lack of it!)

It's nice to have DH home today... and we are going to work on some simple projects, once I get warm enough!
Thanks for reading... be blessed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Being cold inside is not fun. Try wearing a knitted hat inside and fingerless gloves. It will really help. If you think about it, all those pre-central heating women wore both caps and fingerless gloves all the time.