Monday, August 23, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY (August 23rd, 2010)...


Outside my window... it's cloudy and overcast... rain is in the forecast for today.

I am thinking... of all the things I need to accomplish in the coming week, getting DH ready for his surgery.

I am thankful for... health insurance, the good company that DH works for, prayer, family and friends.

From the kitchen... there are yummy leftovers from yesterday, homemade thick crust pizza, a really good stew and cookies!

I am wearing... a long black and white striped tank dress and my black birki sandals.

I am creating... a more orderly closet... and working on my cookbook.

I am going... to the bread store later, and to tackle my sewing pile... it's more getting slacks hemmed... but it's several pairs of slacks!

I am reading... an oldie but a goodie... Lake Wobegon Days.

I am hoping... for a good outcome on DH's shoulder surgery... and good news about something else.

I am hearing... the tv in the bedroom as DH rests, Nolli-dog snoring behind me, and traffic through the open window.

Around the house... there are only a few things out of place, it's fairly neat and orderly.

One of my favorite things... leftovers for dinner...

A few plans for the rest of the week: DH's surgery on Wednesday... and just keeping him comfortable before and after the procedure.

That's how life is this week. Thanks for reading... be blessed!
~Suzanne

No comments: