Thursday, August 26, 2010

Recovering...

It was a loooooooooonnngggg day yesterday, and an even longer night. I managed to get things under control by midnight... but DH was not able to sleep. He said he just laid there all night long. He did wake me up twice, but I managed to get a little rest, probably out of sheer exhaustion!

Today has been interesting... DH has needed a lot of prompting in his self-care. He has to be prompted to take his pain meds... and to remember to hydrate. He doesn't think to eat unless I ask him. I only hope that he can remember what he has to do to get well by next week.

I had a busy "mom" kind of day... I did lots of cooking and cleaning up and acting like the mom... and I'm tired. I can honestly say that if we had small children right now... I'm certain someone would take them from me... because I just don't have the patience nor the energy. My hat is off to all of you Moms right now!
My nerves are shot today... and I have found myself in tears more than once. Please... as I have asked before... please pray for us, and for me.

Tomorrow, I am going to try and get both dogs bathed... am I asking for punishment or what? I also need to try and get to the post office as well... I have to keep reminding myself that I have to do it all right now... DH is definitely on the "Disabled List." So... I'm gonna go and fix myself an tall, icy glass of diet pepsi and go "veg" in front of the tv for a bit!

Thanks for reading... be blessed!
~S.

No comments: