Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Record Round-Up Race Around

Yesterday, being Monday, meant that we were home for the day with no scheduled appointments. My local supermarket was having a great sale on chicken and I actually went to the store all by myself for the first time in 2 weeks! It felt great... even though I was worried I'd spend too much money. (Hey... I saved $12.99 on all the chicken I bought!)

When I got home and unpacked all the groceries, the phone rang. It ended up being the insurance adjuster for DH's work claim. He said that he needed all of DH's paperwork from all of his doctors visits... and... the deadline for all of it was tomorrow! I quickly made a battle plan... and we set out to retrieve all the records.  We hit the 2 doctors offices, and the hospital and DH called P/T and made arrangements to pick up their records the next morning... meaning today! We have everything to date now... and DH is preparing to get them sent off now.

I also went to see my Orthopaedic doctor today for my second injection. She managed to inject my knee on the inside this time... and it still hurt like heck! But, once again, I started to feel better as soon as it was done. I did have her check my left knee... I still have clicking and stiffness. I am due to have an annual  x-ray on it at the end of September. She said she'd have an appointment for me on my last injection. Seems that she didn't like the feel or sound of my knee. (See... there's a reason I'm not ready to have the right knee done!)

So... for now, we are hunkered in under the air conditioner... it's still blazing hot and humid! (I could not get my hair to dry this morning... it was awful.) But they tell us cooler temperatures will arrive tomorrow. I hope so! I want to sit outside and use my patio table while it's still summer. Signs of fall are already making a few appearances... leaves are starting to drop off a few of the maple trees. (That and I can't believe that school starts in 2 weeks.)

Thanks for reading... be blessed!
~Suzanne

No comments: