Sunday, July 25, 2010

Taking the Day Off

That's sort of what I did yesterday... I had made shrimp enchiladas for dinner on Friday... there were fabulous, but it didn't sit well with me. I ended up being deathly ill around midnight. DH was quite worried about me and wanted to take me to the ER. I declined to go... and once I felt "stable", I was able to sleep. (They tell me that I don't have gall stones, so my gall bladder must be "very touchy"!)

When I woke up, I felt much better. We made it a "slow" morning and then decided to take a ride over to Kingston so that I could get some quilting supplies. We came home and tried to cool off, as the humidity level was well into the 70's and was very oppressive. I really felt it and I was very uncomfortable. It was so hot in the center of the house, there was no way I was going to cook anything in there. We went out for dinner and came back to hear that we were under tornado warnings until 1am.
We got busy and battened down the hatches so to speak... and endured quite a lightening show.

I am feeling much better today... and we ran out to the hardware store when we realized that our kitchen faucet sprang a leak along the underside of the actual faucet. We had a torrential downpour while we were out... it was another spectacular storm and we both got drenched getting to and from the car. DH is currently being plumber and installing the fixture. While we were out, we also purchased new equipment for his work, new knee pads that are super padded and also elbow pads to protect his arms as he climbs under all that conveyor equipment. Gotta protect his joints as much as possible these days!

Thanks for reading... be blessed!
~Suzanne

No comments: