Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Yesterday

We woke up to full blown Spring... The leaves have unfurled... the dandelions are in full bloom as is the tree in our side yard. It's gorgeous!

We also went out and did a bunch of returns... and DH got to experience Wegman's for the first time and liked it! We ate a late lunch while shopping there. DH has a soft spot in his heart for buffalo chicken pizza and they happen to have a pizza bar there! So... to be kind for dragging him all hither and yon... what could I say? After all, the man only had 2 pieces of toast for breakfast! And for me... well... I should have just lunched off the salad bar, but I went for a whole wheat wrap... and the poor lady really wondered about me, I am certain, since I really could only have lettuce, onions and tomato... no olives, no cheese, no peppers... no dressing! She did put on extra tomato and onion, and gave me a small discount. It tasted pretty good to me, since the lettuce was crunchy and the tomatoes were very flavorful!

By the time we made it home, I was pretty worn out. And I still have a few things to do in the kitchen... like clean up my mess from the evening before... (yeah, I was sloppy and bad!) And then I needed to make a couple of things for me to eat... I made homemade bbq sauce and more cold pack coleslaw. We grilled out last night... we picked up some Bison sirloin steaks that were so lean, yet tender. And coated with my bbq sauce... the first bite was like candy. Very yummy!
We had that with some baby dutch gold butter potatoes... those are like eating butter candy too! Along side was some coleslaw and some sauteed summer squash. I was happy and satisfied. I hadn't had any protein all day... so it hit the spot.

I am still working on projects today... it's much cooler and I think if I pace myself, I may be able to get a few things done. My hoarseness has increased... which makes my voice even softer and DH can't hear me unless I am in the same room now. The joint pain, and of course, fatigue has set in with a vengeance... the former wakes me during the night and the later makes for a long day!

I'm off to do something productive... I will try and post a few pictures along the way, if I remember or have the energy!

Thanks for reading... be blessed!
~Suzanne

No comments: