Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Running on Tuesday

I am moving slow today... yesterday was a beautiful day with much lower humidity. I decided that I was going to enjoy that beautiful weather... and today I am paying the price for that decision. I went west to do some shopping. It's always warmer west of here. I found some lovely flowers in the garden shop and came home with a couple of beauties. I have no idea what they are, but they are colorful and I love them.

Because I had bought more flowers, I needed to go over the mountain to the Ag-way farm store to buy a couple more clay pots and a little extra potting soil. I enjoyed a great evening potting things up and getting a couple of things deadheaded. I also enjoyed talking on the phone to my dear friend Mis N. and catching up on things. I also enjoyed a visit from Mis J. and her sister. While we were out talking... we enjoyed quite a show of lightening bugs as the sun finally set and darkness fell. Both Nolli and Punky were outside with me and they had a good time as well.

I also had things to take care of that DH normally does. It ended up being trash night and I needed to get the can out to the edge of the road. By the time I came in and got all the dirt off of me, it was pretty late... like 9:30. I had missed all of the evening programming on tv. I fixed myself a snack and fell into the recliner to talk to DH about his day. I could barely keep my eyes open. I love that I managed to keep myself busy and active all day so that I could be tired enough to konk out!

Today, I think I need to head to the greenhouse on the otherside of the mountain to find a couple little things I haven't found as I've looked in the garden shops. I need some sweet alyssum or lobelia. It's suppose to rain today... so I need to get a move on it before it gets here! Hope y'all have a great day!

Thanks for reading... be blessed!
~Suzanne

No comments: