Monday, June 14, 2010

Ack! It's Too Humid!

It's Monday morning... and it started very early for us. We spent most of yesterday doing laundry and trying to stay cool. DH packed his bags for a week long stay south of Philly. He left at 5 this morning.

I had a rough night... my back kept aching and spasming. I told DH that I would get up with him at 4:30 to help him finish getting everything ready for his trip. That also meant that I would not be taking any Ambien to help me sleep. I don't know what I actually came to bed and fell asleep, but I know that it was past midnight. Once I had DH out the door and on his way, I made my way back to bed, but sleep didn't come for at least 2 more hours... and I only slept for 2 hours.

It is very humid here right now. When DH and I were outside in the driveway this morning, it was fairly clear. By the time I managed to get the living room cool and get my back to settle down, it was getting steamy outside. When I woke up, it was completely foggy and everything was dripping wet outside. My poor plants look like they were put in a true steam bath and they are droopy and sad.

We knew that this coming week was going to be very humid and hot. DH was concerned that I wouldn't be able to regulate my body temp and could get very sick. So... he went out and purchased a new a/c unit to go in the living room. We love it... and so does Nolli-dog. He spent most of yesterday sleeping on the living room floor in perfect comfort. It didn't matter what was going on anywhere else in the house or outdoors... he was happy and wasn't going to budge from his spot. (Smart dog!)

I'm hoping that I will be able to make it through the next 4 1/2 days until DH comes home on Friday. I hope that my back takes it easy on me and that the dogs cooperate with me... actually, I hope Punky cooperates with me. I don't think that I will be able to get myself into too much trouble this week... it's just too hot to go gallivanting across the countryside!

No comments: