Saturday, July 25, 2009

The End of a Busy Saturday!

Our day started way too early for me! I forgot to take my Ambien last night... so I was wide awake for a good portion of the night. I got up to go to the bathroom at 3ish and made my way back to bed around close to 5 am. The alarm was set to go off at 8:30 and I was up by 8!

We got ourselves out the door by 8:45 and had DH's truck up to the auto repair shop by 9. Then it was off to breakfast... french toast and bacon with some scrambled eggs. Once we had breakfast done... we came home for few minutes... (to give Nolli his breakfast.... yeah... it was half of my bacon~) and then we gathered up the shopping basket and ice cooler and ice packs. Off to the Amish Farm Market in the Poconos. We did our usual shopping... fresh rolled butter and farmers cheese, fresh produce and some fresh peaches and blueberries.

After... we drove into Blakeslee and stopped at a few places... one was a nursery that was having a sale. I purchased some flat leaf parsley for my herb dish garden, a new planter for said dish garden, a cute little mixed planter for $5.99 and some flower and bloom booster. After that, we went to the Flea Market and walked around. We found a few good buys... the best buy being a cute 3 lamp bar-style light in brass with white shades... $10! While we were inside, we sat down to have something cold to drink, and we were joined by 2 gals from New York. We spent a good 30 minutes with them as they ate some lunch and we all laughed about some of the crazy stuff we were finding at this place. One of the girls found an elephant... who had it's trunk up, which means good luck. The guy who had it, insisted that she take it for free... and it got to be rather loud... so she took it to shut him up! We were right behind them as that took place. It was rather funny... and to sit and talk about it with them later and it was great fun!

Anyway... on the way home... we stopped at a few yard sales too. It was fun to get out and look... and know that there was no pressure to buy anything. We made it home by 2 and got started on projects. DH helped carry laundry down, he got my new tin star put up on the front of the house, and also got new netting made for our climbing black-eyed Susan vine. It looks wonderful and they will now have a good 3 or 4 feet more to climb before the end of summer. We also got our salt and mineral block set out for the deer. We also had to go into town 2 times with DH's truck... one for the estimate and the whole approval process with the bosses...and then back to pick it up when it was done. We took Nolli with us... and since it was so late, we ended up having dinner at McD's. It was just easier that way! We no sooner got home and got started on stuff when another lightening and rain storm moved in. We managed to get stuff put away.... but we were still the crazy people who were out in the rain storm... DH wanted to get everything under the fir trees watered! He'd love to get a cistern and capture the rain run-off... but I don't know where we'd put it! That's been the better part of our day... we are relaxing with the fans blowing cool air in now... and I am about to take my Ambien so that I will sleep tonite!

Thanks for reading... be blessed!


Sandy said...

Just how far is your bathroom from your bedroom if it took you 2 hours to get there and back? Just kidding…couldn’t help myself! It looks as if you are feeling better to get so much done in one day and without much sleep to boot.

Anonymous said...

A busy day that sounds like a lot of fun. Wish I could have gone with you. Shopping sounds great!
Best always, Sandra