Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Semi-Lazy Day...

I have tried to get a few things done today... laundry being one of those many chores on the list in my head! But... I had a hard time sleeping last night, I fell asleep just fine, but tossed and turned and was wide awake at 2:00am... too late to take an Ambien! I puttered around until 4:45 and crawled back into bed, turning on my bed warmer and got all cozy and fell right out! I slept until about 8 and then dozed off for an hour at 10.

We did do a couple loads of laundry today... (just what you wanted to hear about, so exciting!) We also did a little shopping and had carmel sundaes after... and got to see part of the air show that is going on at our small airport. The parachute jumpers were fun to watch, it's one of DH's favorite things since he was in the Air Force. That was one of our highlights today...

The other was as I was coming back up from the basement and came outside to sit for a few minutes to enjoy the cool air and the flowers... my usual little resting spot in the midst of doing chores... when our little resident doe came walking down through my neighbors houses... and stood at the creekside, eating and munching on all the new greenery over there. I quietly called DH on his cell phone and told him to come outside. We sat and watched her for quite awhile... when all of a sudden... from behind our house, come her two little twin fawns... still with spots! It was so cute to see them frolic across the grass. That really was the highlight of our day! I just came back from the basement a few minutes ago... and Mama was still out there feeding.

We are suppose to go to church tomorrow... but DH is not feeling well. It's been a stressful week for him and he worked an 18 hour day yesterday. We had a picnic to go to after church... but I don't think he should go. He needs to rest and recuperate from such a hectic week. It means that we will miss church 2 weeks in a row as we won't be there on the 5th either. If DH gets the pictures he took with his phone uploaded, I will share the pics of the new babies in our yard!

Thanks for reading... be blessed!
~Suzanne

No comments: