Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Working! And Other Stuff...

My first day of work went well... the day was actually short as I reported a 1/2 hour later than normal and I was in training for the day.I was sweating bullets as I drove to work this morning as I left about 8 minutes later than I planned... and as I got near the freeway construction 5 miles from my exit... I got stuck in a rolling slow-down! I thought for certain I was going to be late on my first day... but I made it with 2 minutes to spare. Yikes! Anyway... when my last training session was done, I was introduced to the person that I will be sitting with tomorrow... and then I was free to go. It was nice to come home early... an easy way to break myself in to going back to work!

In coming home early... I was greeted by a big surprise. My healing and handicapped husband was finished defrosting our "old" freezer. (This freezer was a Craigslist find, it's a very old model and is not frost-free.) I accidentally didn't get the door closed after removing veggies for dinner last night... and I melted all the ice cream... because there was ice build-up. We were going to defrost it over the weekend. but DH did it for me. I can't believe he was able to do it with one hand and arm. He is amazing. I was able to help him got through old stuff and replace the keepable stuff into the clean freezer. Awesome.

Oh... last night the deer were present in the area. Before I made it outside, the fawns were playing in the stream and splashing each other. I missed it, but Miss J was out on her deck and got to see the whole thing. I love stuff like that.

We decided to head to our favorite pizza place... and just our luck, our favorite waitress was working! We haven't seen her for a long time. She only works 2 days a week now and then works at an Alzheimer's unit over in Weatherly. She is going back to school to finish getting her LPN. She's a smart girl and we love spending time with her. It's always great fun to see her!

Speaking of fun and seeing someone... I think I am finally getting Punky to spend time with us in the living room in the evening. For several months, she has been spending time in her crate in our bedroom. She will come out when we call her to the living room, but will go back to her crate right away. Tonite... I got her to sit on the sofa with me and we played and snuggled for over 45 minutes. That is huge in bonding for her. We are starting to really change her memories... and she even took a snack from me earlier... something that is very difficult for her to do. She is making great strides lately. She has been so happy since I gave her a bath on Sunday... and she does smell so deliciously good!

Thanks for reading... be blessed!
~Suzanne

No comments: