Sunday, September 26, 2010

Paying For It... Still!

We went to the Bloomsburg fair yesterday. It was opening day. We braved the crowds... and yet took our time seeing all the FFA, 4-H, Grange and Homemaker and Garden Club entries and exhibits. We watched timed fence jumping by the 4-H kids. We ate all sorts of good junk food... and had some of the best onion rings ever!

It was warm and sunny! And I forgot to wear sun screen... didn't even think about it until it was too late. I fried my face... I look a bit like Rudolph today. DH did really well... managing to avoid anyone bumping into him. He fried his face too!

We walked and walked... probably around 2 miles yesterday. We did stop and rest... and I did take a couple of anti-inflammatories. But with my new knee... things don't exactly measure up straight anymore. My left leg is actually straighter and longer than my right, which is crooked and turns in. I really felt it in my hips and lower back as well... and today, I can barely move. I am really paying for that trip to the fair today!

DH discovered something on this trip around the fairgrounds that we ladies can relate to... he discovered that with his arm in a sling close to his body, his weight is more forward, and it causes his back and shoulder to hurt! But he only has straps that dig in on one side!

It's time for me to go get ready for work tomorrow. It's going to be a busy start to the week... and I am hoping to be able to keep up.

Thanks for reading... be blessed!
~Suzanne

No comments: