Monday, May 4, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY (May 4th, 2009)...

Outside my window... it rained over night, the yard is covered in pink cherry blossom petals and it's chilly.

I am thinking... of all the things I have to do this week... 4 medical/doctor appointments over the next 5 days.

I am thankful for... my wonderful husband for understanding how I cannot help but sleep right now and for taking such good care of me.

From the kitchen... there are dishes to be done... but also fresh baked bread and red potato salad done so that I can eat it!

I am wearing... a pink cotton nightgown, robe and socks.

I am creating... flower boxes for outside, and some new recipes for my low iodine diet.

I am going... to the appointments all week.

I am reading... nothing at the moment.

I am hoping... that nothing shows up on my ultrasound or body scan this week. I don't want to go through RAI-131 again.

I am hearing... the hum of the computer tower and a sleeping dog behind me.

Around the house... there is some laundry to put away, and more to be done. Things need to be picked up and straightened up.

One of my favorite things... how we packed a cooler with things for me to eat and drink, and we headed out on a little road trip to Edwardsville... taking all back roads. We had a great time and plan to do it again!

A few plans for the rest of the week: getting through all the tests and appointments without the house imploding down around us as I struggle to keep up.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...





The inside of Rocky Ridge Greenhouse... very pretty and fragrant. I had to show DH where I bought my flowers... and of course we left with a few more! =)

Thanks for reading... be blessed!

~Suzanne

5 comments:

Pearl said...

suzanne - have the doctors said anything as to why you can't sleep? have they given you anything?

Suzanne said...

Pearl- I go to see a new Primary care doctor at the end of the week. Right now, I have flip-flopped and I need to have LOTS of sleep because of my medically induced diet. I am in hypo-thyroid state, and it causes me to be very tired and sleepy, along with being cold, forgetful and achy. I'll find out this week if I have to stay on the diet for one more test or if I go back to eating normal foods.

RobynBeazley said...

WOW! You have an amazing story Suzanne! Gorgeous pictures - thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzanne: The pictures of the flowers at the green house are very happy pictures. I love the color of spring.
Good luck with your appointments this week and I hope they don't find a thing. You deserve a beautiful summer after this long hard winter.
Always, Sandra

Suzanne said...

Thank you, Sandra! It's going to be a crazy week, for certain. DH will be able to go with me on Wednesday... I am so glad for that!