Friday, October 31, 2008

I really did it!

Yep... I really did... I decided to do NaBloPoMo for the month of November. That's a big commitment... but I thought I would try it. I know that it's alot to take on... being that I just started a new job that requires a hefty commute. But I also have the support of my DH... (he did the dishes for me while I rested and then got online!) He's the best! So, I'm going to try and post everyday for a month~ 30 days in a row!

So... today was my first day at work. I love when you start a new job and they forget to tell you important stuff... like when you come in at 8:30 instead of 8 (per THEIR request) that you have to work an extra 1/2 hour. It would have helped me plan my day better. And they know that you are coming in... and they don't bother to get you your own log-in for the timecard system. And they require that you read all their manuals and policies, but that you have to take it home and read it on your own time. Not the best way to start off... but I did get some real work done today and I even had a slight headache when I left, which tells me that I worked hard!

Anyway... the facility is small... you could fit the entire office inside the cafeteria at VZW/Hanover. But it is nice, clean and modern, well kept and you don't have to wear a badge to go to the bathroom! It's fairly lowkey, altho no cell phones allowed at your desk and no music at your desk. It seems that only small personalization is allowed, but slowly, I will add some things to my desk area that shows it's my area. So... I am back in an office, working a regular 5 day work week, doing what I did at Geo. Allen... the only thing that would make it perfect would be if I had Nita sitting behind me. I miss her! It's funny... I took this position, and tonight when I got home, I had another message on the machine for another company looking to interview me! When it rains, it pours.

No comments: