Saturday, October 25, 2008

I just jumped in to the mix!

Yep.... I did it. Went ahead and decided to finally start a blog. I have been blogging on the old standard "myspace" blog, but I've decided to go ahead and really blog like everyone else. So... here goes!

Of course, I am going to be basic to start with, until I get the hang of this. It's all trial and error anyway. Let me introduce myself: I'm 49 and about to turn 50! (That is always a surprise to me, as I am the youngest of 4.) I recently remarried after almost 20 years of being a single woman. Along with getting married came a transfer for my husband and we have just moved to northeastern Pennsylvania. We had lived just outside of Baltimore and we love the slower, quiet life here. I am a 2 time cancer survivor and I have the most wonderful companion pet ever... my sweet pound puppy, a cross between a Jack Russell terrier and a Cavalier King Charles spaniel named Cannoli... we call him Nolli for short.

I have had the luxury of staying home since we have moved. I use to work in the telecommunications industry and it was a very stressful job. I don't miss the stress, but do miss my friends from work. I learning to be domestic again and pulling out my cookbooks to refresh my repertoire... my husband had no idea that I really knew how to cook and bake. I did some cooking while we were dating... but he had no idea about all the things I knew how to make and do. He loves that I can bake and loves my home made bread. Thank God for Kitchen Aide stand mixers! That's all I've got for my first post. See ya around!
Posted by Suzanne at 11:27 AM 0 comments

No comments: