Friday, February 19, 2010

Quiet Day...

We've been having a fairly quiet day here... We all got up at 5:30 to get DH out the door for his day. (I knew his day was gonna be a long one.) Then we... (me, Nolli and Punky) settled back down around 6:45 and went back to sleep for about an hour. It felt good to sleep!

I have been feeling out of sorts for a couple of days... and today it seemed to intensify as the day wore on. I couldn't seem to focus on much and I felt quite "foggy"... as though I were back on cancer meds. (Yuck!) I'm not sure what is going on, but I have been headachy and my tummy has been almost as sensitive as Punky's! I'm sure it's just the old "living without a thyroid" thing. This week was my 4 year anniversary for cancer... "Yay" to survival! It will soon be time to schedule my annual full body scan... I'm so not looking forward to that and going on the special low-iodine diet. Just when I get my skin looking and feeling good, my hair isn't spaz-ing and my nails look good... I have to do "the diet" and screw it all up! Just so I can take 8 little pills that cost about $5000 and have scan that will cost another $5000 and then have it read by the radiologist-oncologist... and that will cost another $2000. I still don't have last years all paid for yet! (Yay for good insurance.)

It's Friday night... and DH is still not home from work. He started out in Princeton, NJ... and went down to a computer lab at mid-day for a warranty job... and finally finished his day at 7:45. He still has a 3 hour drive home... and paperwork after that. This week has been a long one for him... with tons of overtime and night calls. He does have an eye doctor appointment tomorrow and I told him that I would do the driving. I think the only stop we may make after that is to Best Buy... he really needs an additional GPS system beside his phone. Sometimes it takes him through some scary parts of Philly... just because it's the most direct route. I wouldn't want to be where he was yesterday. Too scary to even think about!

I did have a wonderful phone call from my sister April today... always so good to hear her voice on the phone! And it is so helpful to hear her perspective on some of things that I am going through and feeling these days. I find that I am thinking and talking more to my Mom... we always had a "special connection". We would often pick up the phone and call each other... and it was always a case of "I was just thinking of you and was going to call you". She always seemed to know when I was struggling and needed to hear her voice. I always seemed to know when she needed a "pick-me-up" and to hear the words "I love you"... My Mom loved us in a such a special way. April told me today that she knew how much she loved us from her letters to her and Adonna.

So... tonight... we are hanging out. We've watched Celebrity Rehab all snuggled up on the bed, waiting for DH to come home. I've done a couple loads of laundry. (That's a huge deal for me... to be able to carry laundry down and do it!) We puttered a little bit, and I've spoiled Nolli and Punky with yogurt-peanut butter drops. I've checked e-mail, face book and twitter... so I guess I will work on my list for grocery shopping and call it a night! Pretty boring stuff for today!

Thanks for reading... be blessed!

No comments: