Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Lost in the Closet

I am starting a new project today... and it's one I've put off long enough. I am going through my closets. I am going through shoes and handbags. I am going through all my clothes. I am getting rid of all the old stuff that doesn't fit me. (I have been carrying around a wardrobe of clothes for the last 10 years of various sizes.) I am coming to terms with the fact that I may never get down to the size I was 15 years ago. I have to realize that thyroid cancer and it's craziness will never let me do all that I want nor will it let me drop weight for any amount of time.

I have decided that it all must go... and that I need a new way to approach how I am currently storing my clothes. I am going to do more of a "edited version" of a California closet. (That means there will space for folded clothes like t-shirts and jeans.) I need to also store my winter wool jackets and make room for all my summer shorts. I checked the forecast... it seems that we may have turned the corner to spring after all! That means in the next few weeks, we are going to start deep spring cleaning... (If I can wrap my head around that.) and take down the winter stuff. I have never lived in a house such as this... it's the dustiest house ever. We can never keep it down... it just comes up out of the heating ducts... which go completely around the perimeter of this old house!

I'm even thinking that we could start doing the spring clean-up in the yard... but I don't want to jump the gun too soon. We still have some windy times to get through. It's a nice thought that soon I will be going to the nursery and flea markets to shop for flowers for the yard! (That makes me soooo happy!)

Well... look at me... I've gone from cleaning out the closets to shopping for flowers! I am looking forward to spring. I guess before I can do any of the other things I've just written about... I must go and get busy in my closet. (Hopefully, there's nothing bad lurking in the back of it, waiting to get me!) I will pace myself, because I know my back can only take so much. I did have quite a bit of pain last night as I tried to fall asleep... I had to do isolating exercises, which helped quite a bit. Time to go and slay the mess in my closet. =)

Thanks for reading... be blessed!
~Suzanne

No comments: