Thursday, May 27, 2010

Random Bits...

It's been very hot... like "record setting" hot. I find it hard to blog when it's that hot. (I am too worried about my electric bill with all the fans and air conditioners going, trying to keep me comfortable.) So... I am doing the Random Dozen today!

1. Would you rather host party or simply attend a party?
I like to do both... it's fun to plan and have a great party, and it's nice to attend a great party.

2. Tell us about the most memorable party you've been to.
That would be my wedding, which we had at a friends house almost 2 years ago. Good food, great friends, lots of laughter and a crazy thunder storm at the end just before we left. (Good luck, right?)

3. What is one thing you hope for in the after-life?
Besides knowing that I actually made it in... seeing my Mom and then getting to ask all those questions I have to Mary.

4. What do you enjoy most about sunshine?
That it warms me to the bone and makes my flowers grow.

5. When you attend a bridal/baby shower, do you prefer to bring your own gift or chip in with others to buy a larger gift?
I like to bring my own gift... I enjoy wrapping it so that it becomes a wonderful present that is remembered.

6. Would you rather have a FREE week of having your house cleaned or all of your meals cooked for you and your family?
Oh... No hesitation on a free week of house cleaning.

7. What song describes your mood today?
Actually, it would be more the Glee 3 album... and Kelly Clarkson's song "My Life would Suck"... lol

8. What is something you received for your own bridal shower/wedding that you still own or use? (If you are not married, feel free to sub a gift you received a long time ago.)
From my first marriage... most of it's gone, I do have some black skillets and a vintage colander from my Nana, and a small roaster pan.

9. Your favorite flavor of ice cream is?
It's a toss up between anything with carmel, cookie dough, or mint choc. chip.

10. When was the last time you felt "tested?"
I feel tested almost every day.... because of the expectations I have for myself that I often don't meet.

11. "[Fill in the blank] is a food that once I start eating I find really hard to stop."
Buttered popcorn with sea salt, or tortilla chips with guacamole! (I miss Chipotle!)

12. "-----" is the best motivation.
Running out of time.... most people put fear, but for me it's having the clock wind down on me!

There you have it... the Random Dozen. We're going to do our best to stay cool today. The 95 degrees we had yesterday was pretty brutal on me. We did have a nice bbq dinner outside once the sun got far enough west for us. We are looking forward to having a wonderful 3 day weekend with company coming on Sunday. I have to decide what I want to serve with grilled chicken. (We've had lots of potato salad lately, so that's kind of out.)

Thanks for reading... be blessed!
~Suzanne

No comments: