Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It's Hump Day!

I am so glad that it's Wednesday.... only for the reason that it does bring us closer to the weekend! We don't really have any plans for the weekend, nothing set in concrete anyway. DH's brother and his girlfriend and her kids... are heading this way on Sunday to go to Big Rock near Lake Harmony for a "tubing weekend." They have contacted us... but it's a HUGE IF that we will even meet up. They will be coming right past us... but late on Sunday night. They apparently have "tickets" for tubing between 3 and 9 pm on Monday and are heading back home on Tuesday morning. They want to see us for lunch on Monday at Red Robin. (I don't think it's gonna happen for DH to take a Monday off to go to lunch... especially when vacation time hasn't been added to the books yet.)

I am also thinking... that I need to take Pumpkin to the vet next week.... she has once again had another issue with being sick. Any little change to her diet... and we end up having a huge messes for a couple of days while we get things back on track. I guess I will be donating some of the dog food and dog treats that were purchased over Christmas and the beginning of the month. She really needs to stick to one thing for awhile... (I know... it's my fault for giving her a change!) And let me tell you... we've started leaving her crate door open so she can go to bed when she's ready... and she's left huge messes in the kitchen the last 2 mornings. It's better than if she gets sick in her crate tho... I don't have to give her a bath! But the smell... it's enough to send me packing... I know, you didn't need to know that, either.

Anyway... Punky has had some Pepto-Bismol for breakfast and is resting happily on her blanket on the end of the sofa. I have been contemplating what to make for dinner all morning... if I ask DH, he's no help! I think I may have to start a menu plan so that I don't get stuck in a rut. I'm going to do pork chops and baked potatoes and green beans for tonite. It's easy and I don't really have to think about anything.

That's all I've got for today... nothing really exciting... except for snow flurries as I walked the dogs this morning. Thanks for reading... be blessed!
~Suzanne

No comments: