Sunday, January 17, 2010

Crazy Week Past!

This week has been one of the weeks for the record books... actually the first half of the month has been like that! We've had a record number of days where we've been below freezing. And to top it off... while we were gone for 1 day... our gauge for our furnace became stuck... and we almost ran out of heating oil. We're fine now... but we really 'squeaked by' on that one.

My Hard-Working Man has really been working hard... lots of long days... some overtime... and of course long drives. Some nights, he only gets 3 or 4 hours of sleep. (Then I spend the day worrying that he will be too tired to be effective!) I'm still not able to carry anything of any real weight... even tho I do manage to get the grocery shopping done and carried up... I pay for that later that night and into the next day. The cortisone shot that I had a week ago has helped some, but I am going to have to call the doctor again and ask for another x-ray as it still does not feel "right" since I stretched my leg and sub-luxed my knee. That said... I've also been feeling the after-effects of that cortisone shot... it's raised my blood sugar like crazy and made me cranky.

We did have some fabulous weather starting on Thursday and going through Saturday! We enjoyed it as much as we could and even went to the mall yesterday. We ended up having dinner at Red Robin (John's favorite!) and a relaxing evening at home. We managed to make it to church today and my HWM managed to get 6 loads of laundry done! I know I said it was a crazy busy week... and it sure felt like it! I've spent tons of time with Punky and Nolli... and also fell into the Facebook hole of time-wasting as well! I haven't really heard from any of my family... but did get to talk to Lizzy twice this week!

That's all I've got for now... I'm missing the opening of the Golden Globes... (there's nothing on tv!) Thanks for reading... be blessed!
~Suzanne

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Glad to see you back again Suzanne. I hope the Dr's are able to fix you up for good this time. Summer is on it's way. You have to be in good shape for all the fun things to do that are in store for us during the warm weather.
Best always, Sandra