Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The First One...

Hello! I am back home... have been since Saturday. It's been a delight to be back home, even with having to "adjust" to a different type of mobility for a while. DH was with me Saturday, Sunday and Monday. This is my first day home alone. I'm half way through... so far... so good!

My insurance provided me with 7 days of rehab after my 3 day hospital stay. (I will have lots to tell you in the coming days about my rehab stay.) And now that I am home... I have home health care coming in. I have a nurse practitioner, and an occupational therapist and a physical therapist. (Nolli dog was not happy about having anyone come in and "bug" his Mama... he was pretty unglued by the doorbell ringing all the time.)

I am also on a constant passive motion machine (cpm) for flexibility and range of motion. I am up to 102 degrees of flex on the machine... which is pretty good for only 13 days post-op! Since DH has gone back to work, I have to get myself in and out of this contraption by myself. It sits on the bed and I can lie down... and I am in it for 2 hours at a time for a total of 6 hours. It's working... and it's doing a good job. It also wears me out and makes me want to sleep. But I need to get up and move about some afterwards to keep the blood moving.

That's about all that I have for now... Thank you for your encouragement, thoughts and prayers. Be blessed~
~Suzanne

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Suzanne. I'm glad you posted - praying for a super speedy recovery.

Jo

troutay said...

sounds like you are doing well!

Anonymous said...

So glad your rehab is going well . . . keep faith and be strong!

Sandra from Collingwood said...

Hi Suzanne: I'm so glad to see you back home again with your family. Sounds like you have some work to day but it will get easier. Good luck with your rehab. Great to know that you are doing ok.
Best always, Sandra