Monday, October 26, 2009

Mundane Milestone...

It's Monday... and I've been home now for just over 2 weeks! It also means that I was due to have my INR level checked because I'm on blood thinners since my knee replacement. I managed to get my self in the shower and get cleaned up and dressed... down the stairs and... wait for it.... INTO THE CAR!!!! ALL-BY-MYSELF!!!!

I drove to the doctors office and got into the office... got to see the lab tech and then got myself back home! (My INR level is 2.1... right where it should be!) I was majorly tired when I got home, but fixed myself a cheese sandwich, scrambled on to the bed and did an hour plus in my cpm machine and even managed to take a 20 minute snooze while I did it!

I also managed to get the rest of the dirty dishes from last nights dinner done, and the kitchen floor swept. I plan on dusting a little bit later. I also have some laundry to get put away at some point today. Life is slowly turning back to normal again.

My phone just rang... Bob, the therapist, is coming today and is about 30 minutes away. I can't wait to tell him all the things that I did this morning. I also have my first physical therapy session scheduled for November 2nd with my regular team... looking forward to seeing them all!

I didn't go to church yesterday... I was pretty achy... my shin hurt as did the back side of my knee... I stayed down quite a bit yesterday. Poor DH was left to do lots of laundry and some cleaning... but then, he was suppose to have done some of it while I was in the hospital. (No... I didn't have very much empathy for him... at all! Meaning I was a grouch through some of it.) But today, in light of the sunshine and warmth of the yesterday and today... I am feeling much better. (I've even taken a pain pill to take the edge off of things!)

Thanks for reading... be blessed!
~Suzanne

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Easy does it, Suzanne.
Best always, Sandra