Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Progress

Yesterday I was pretty wiped out from all the activity of Monday... so I stayed down for most of the day. I did what I HAD to do... and I was able to maneuver to get in and out of my CPM machine fairly well. I was able to do as easy breakfast and able to make a light lunch before DH came home. Punky stayed on the bed with me for almost the entire day... she's a big pillow hog for such a little dog!

I did help DH start dinner last night and once everything was going well... I went back to bed. He did good at getting it all on the table for me... it was a yummy meal and more food than I have eaten in a while. We had au gratin potatoes, broccoli and ham steaks. Good comfort food for a cold evening.

I have done part of my CPM this morning... and I have to finish my first set still. I got hungry and needed to eat... and felt that I couldn't wait the entire 2 hours! While I was sitting at the kitchen table... I decided to test my strength... and I can lift my leg straight up off the floor almost 5 inches! I couldn't do that yesterday. Therapy is working... and I need to keep working it! I still find it hard to believe that it was just 2 weeks ago that I had my knee replaced. I am so glad to have had this procedure and I know it will really change how I live! So excited!

Thanks for reading... Thanks for your support and comments! Be blessed!
~Suzanne

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Keep up the good work, Suzanne and pretty soon you'll be out racing around the block with your two furry friends.
It will be so nice to be pain free. By Thanksgiving I bet you'll be as good as new.
Best always, Sandra