Thursday, July 19, 2012

Struggling to Smile!

This has been a trying week for me. My DH has been called to work early everyday this week and also tagged to stay late as well. The heat has been hard to take...  and to make matters even worse, I got sick yesterday. I couldn't drive myself home... so my manager had to bring me home. Oh my word! She wanted to take me to the hospital but I wouldn't let her because I didn't want to be stranded without a vehicle.

Today was a celebration at lunch and we were all at the back of the building... in the heat. I managed to stay out there for about 2 hours. That's about my limit with heat. I made sure to stay hydrated and watch what I was eating... more protein than anything, not too many carbs and no sugar. When I went in, I was pretty light headed from the heat. (I've been having dizzy spells the last several weeks.) And I had to go right back outside for pictures... it just about undid me. One of the service managers looked at me and asked if I wanted to go to the hospital. I said no... I didn't want to be stranded.

And to add to my stress level with work, my DH sent me a text that he'd been zapped with 10,000 volts of electricity today. Someone left a live line on top of the conveyor belt he was working on, and didn't say anything. He picked it up with both hands and it knocked him to the ground. Wow... that just freaks me out. I worried all afternoon about him because he was too busy to call me back.

Tonight, he just called me to let me know he's ok. He's been held over to work until 3am again. I worry about him... but at least it's only a 6 mile trip home from work. I told my co-workers today that if anything happens to him or to me, they'd better come to the house and take care of Punky cause she's not big enough to get the door open to let herself out.

On a happier note... DH tells me that he's not working this weekend and he's declined a Friday night holdover. And Project Runway starts tonight! (That's exciting for me!)

Thanks for reading~
Suzanne

No comments: