Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Much Needed Day

It's Sunday... and my DH finally has a day off. He's been working since June 3rd with out any time off except for the 4th of July. They did ask him to work today as well, but he declined. We have spent the day getting errands done and spending time together.

I've stayed busy doing laundry and trying to keep the house cool and groceries stocked. I'm still working full time and am finally starting to feel like myself again. That being said, I am still very tired and still in pain. The doctor gave me prescription strength Aleve and it's helped greatly in helping me function with everything.

I did treat myself to some fun yesterday. I found dvd's of Masterpiece theatre's Downton Abbey. I watched the entire 1st season yesterday... and of course I loved it! Can't wait to watch the 2nd season later this week. I've got to get myself back on schedule for this week, I've been staying up late for when DH comes home from work, so I get a chance to see him. (Those 12 hour days he's been working have made it rather difficult!)

So glad that it's finally getting a little cooler this next week. This heat has been brutal with the heat and trying to keep the house cooler. We had a pretty significant storm yesterday that knocked power out for about 2 hours. It was tough to stay cool with no power and knowing I wouldn't be able to get to the generator by myself. Luckily for me, power was restored quickly.

Thanks for reading... be blessed.
~Suzanne

No comments: