Monday, July 23, 2012

Missing Her HeeHeeHee's!

In the last few days, I've been in a very sweet memory place. I have been remembering all the laughter and funniness I used to share with my Mom. Countless times, we would end laying across the bed to talk and all it would take would be a "certain look" and we would both be set off in huge gales of laughter. We would laugh at anything and everything... often leaving everyone else around us left to thinking we were a little bit off our rockers.

I have memories of being ill and having my Mom there with me to take care of me. During my first cancer surgery those many years ago, we laughed all the way to the hospital, as my Mom had brought recipes with her that she had typed and her typo's were hilarious. We had tears rolling down our faces at her typo for "Spanish Nookles" instead of noodles.

I found an old picture in a box in the guest room from an old camping trip with my Mom. Who ever took that picture, caught us in a huge fit of laughter... I don't remember what we were laughing at, but what ever it was, must have been very funny. When my Mom was relaxed and not worrying about anything, she could be very funny. And she was pretty good at laughing at herself... sometimes not always getting her own jokes until a few beats later after we had started laughing, and then it would make her giggle even harder.

I miss my Mom everyday... I miss hearing her laugh, I miss being able to pick up the phone and talk to her... and I really miss her when I don't feel well. Yes, I am a grown woman, but I still miss my Mom when I am struggling with medical issues. I wish that DH could have known her and I know that she would adore him.

Thanks for letting me share some sweet thoughts.
Be Blessed....
~Suzanne

No comments: