Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Home on A Sick Day.

When my alarm went off this morning... I was met with not only the crazy noise it makes, but also a pounding headache. So much so, that I knew I was not going to be able to function enough to even get ready for work, let alone drive there and sit at a desk with tons of noise all day. I went out to my desk and zipped off an email to my boss. (I couldn't even find her phone number.)

It was because of last night... I was pretty tired and fell asleep on the sofa while curled up next to DH. I only snoozed for maybe 15 minutes, but knew I had to get to bed. I got in bed by 10:15 and promptly fell asleep with my wonderful ear plugs and my blessed dosage of ambien. Sleep came fast and hard. DH woke me just around 11:25... he needed help with Punky. She had gone out to her crate in the living room and had a seizure. He was trying to get honey down her to keep her blood sugar from plummeting from expending all that energy. She takes awhile to recover from those events and needs to be calmed. So... that's what we did. I held her, cleaned her up, and got her back to her happy little self, including a walk to go potty.

When I finally fell back into bed... it was after 12:30... and sleep was not anywhere near by as I laid there with Punky by my side. It's no wonder why my head hurt so badly this morning. I have spent almost the entire morning in bed, listening to the rain and snuggling with my little red dog. I don't know what to do or what we are facing as this is her 3rd seizure in the past year. I did some thinking... and it's possible that it's diet related. We don't have any problems unless we go off our routine and I break down and give her something that she really shouldn't have... like a bite of bacon or chicken. So... it could be my fault that she's having issues. I will have to be more vigilant about no treats... though it's so hard to say no when looking at that sweet, adorable face.

It's a cold, damp and rainy day here... makes me feel as though I was back in Washington State. We did break down and turn on the furnace today. We just needed to take the chill out of the air. Soon, I will be calling for one of many oil deliveries to made through out this Winter season. My head still aches just a little bit...but for me to go to work now would be futile as I would have to leave to take DH to his physical therapy appointment. This is his last one before he goes to see the Surgeon on Thursday.

Is it just us... or is anyone else having an invasion of creepy crawlies? ... we just killed a HUGE spider in our living room. And DH hates spiders... they creep him out and he will do anything to avoid them. I just knocked it down out of the drapes and thought I had it under my foot... but it crawled out from under it... and DH nailed it with his shoe. Yuck! (Don't we live an exciting life around here?)

Thanks for reading... be blessed!

No comments: