Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Top o' the Irish to you!

I'm not Irish... for years I thought we were. Until my brother and I actually met our half sisters and learned of our actual heritage. It's been 8 years since we each got an email and made the trip to Texas to meet the girls. It's been something that has been wonderful in my life... to have such wonderful big sisters who are so loving and care so much. They might not have been raised with us... but we are all so much alike that it's just uncanny sometimes!

Not much is new here around this little cottage. DH has been working some crazy long hours. I have been to see a pulmonologist. I will be going for lung function studies and blood gas work in the near future. He changed my inhaler and also gave me a rescue inhaler for the Spring. I will also be going for another CT scan with contrast in June to check the size of calcification's on both of my lungs. It seems that my body grows these things... I have one at 4 cm on my right lung and one at 5 cm on my left lung.

Along with the above mentioned calcification's... I also have one on my heart and one on my spleen. Anyone see any kind of correlation, since I have had cancer twice and the Pulmonologist also was concerned about a mass I have on the left side of my neck where my thyroid used to be. He was very emphatic that I mention it my Endo Dr. when I see her to double check my last ultrasound results.

Thursday was an errand day for me... did some grocery shopping. It was so beautiful out... 54 degrees! Mild and sunny... when I walked Punky before going into the house, I saw 4 robins having a feast on the lawn. I was so excited by that little notion of Spring! And then it snowed yesterday... all day! We got over 2 inches. DH just left for work and said that it had started snowing again! When will all this snow end and bring Spring in bloom??? I am so ready!

In fact, I am going to start doing some tole-painting on some clay pots to go out by our front door. I have done this style of painting in the past... and I am looking forward to doing a little collection of them for our side yard area. It will keep me busy during the snowy and rainy season ahead.

That's all I really have to share for now... I need to get some laundry done and a little house work as I have a technician coming in the morning to set up a lovely CPAP machine for my bedside. (Oh... how glamorous is that???)

Thanks for reading. Have a blest day!
~Suzanne

No comments: