Friday, December 28, 2012

Planning

Would it be wrong to say that I am already planning my flower beds and plantings for Spring in my head? I can't help it... we're done with Christmas and soon will hit the New Year, but I'd rather be getting ready to get my clay pots out and start hitting the green houses. (If I did it now... they would all be closed anyway.)

I guess my southern California blood still runs strong through my veins that I want to be planning on my garden. I don't really know what I will be planting this spring as it depends on how I will be functioning "medically" by that time of year. I see 3 of my doctors in January and we will soon be deciding what issues will be taken care of in the coming months. We can only wait and see at this point... but I haven't scheduled anything with my orthopaedic surgeon yet. And that depends on how well I continue to walk and move about until my right knee tells me that enough is enough.

This past week has been a tough week for me. I have been coming out of being in a "hypo-thyroid state" and all the great side affects that come with it. I'm still cold, but it has gotten better in the last week. I am still very sleepy, but I am able to function with a nap. And as far as my tummy feels... I still have issues with feeling well. I get queasy so easily. I also have to be vigilant with Aleve to keep my body aches in check or I become an "unhappy camper" in  zero to 60 in a blink of an eye.

It's been an adjustment to get used to being at home. I don't miss the stress of getting to work every morning, especially with the snow and ice we've been having lately. I don't miss the constant pressure of meeting percentage numbers all the time nor the constant surveillance of my supervisor monitoring every little action, email or call I made and wanting me to justify my work. (It drove me to distraction and took time away from what I was doing.) I don't know if I will look for something else or not... I will have to wait and see.

~Suzanne

No comments: