Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Freezing

Yep... I said it's FREEZING!

Actually... for December, the weather has been quite good. Only a few days of severe weather. Most of the month has been rainy with a few good days thrown in here and there. But for me, it doesn't really matter as I have been in a Crazy state of Hypo-thyroidism and I am nothing but COLD and sleepy.

Poor DH is sleeping in the guest room so he can have a fan blowing on him since I have the heat cranked up and 25 blankets on the bed. My feet are so cold that they keep me awake... distracting me from being able to fall asleep. I have a thick fleece throw that I use during the day, all bundled up with a wool pashmina wrapped around my arms and chest.

I am happy to say that yesterday was my "labs" day and today I started back on my synthroid. I can't wait for this to build up in my system and get back to a semi-normal state. I find that I have short bursts of energy and then I have to sleep... at least 2 hours at a time. I am trying to get myself on a normal schedule since quitting work... but it has been impossible to get one started as of yet.

I am grateful to DH for allowing me to be home while I go thru this medical stuff. He was right in wanting me to stop working. I would not have made it. Along with being cold, I have a terrible lack of attention span and short term memory as of late. And I am cranky from time to time. I am really working on trying to recognize my crankiness and redirecting myself... not easy in this state.

So... I am keeping on... and dealing with a foggy brain while trying to do the basics at home. Yikes!

Thanks for reading... Please stay blessed!
~Suzanne

No comments: