Friday, January 11, 2013

One of Those Lucky People...

I am one of those "Lucky People" who have been suffering from the flu. I am finally on the backside of it... but the flu took all of my energy and interest with it when it left.

I still have a lingering cough and some body aches. I have a really bad case of "sofa-itis" and a side of "I don't really care" thrown into the mix. I am still very fatigued and I can't seem to go to sleep at a normal time causing me to have to sleep in every day. (I don't like to sleep that late... it screws up the day!) But for some reason... my body is requiring that I sleep 9 to 10 hours... with a nap in the afternoon for good measure.

You may recall that I had to go off my synthroid in December and go in to a hypo-thyroid state which caused me to sleep 18 hours a day. I don't know if this fatigue is part of that... part of a lingering flu symptom... or something else. I do know that I have no energy or desire to do anything. All I want is to sleep. It's all I can do to clean up the kitchen and make dinner for DH. I made myself a doctors appointment for Tuesday... and I do have a sleep study scheduled for tonite.

I am trying to bring some sense of normalcy back to this house from before I stopped working. It's not working and yet it's driving me a little crazy that I can't seem to get everything back to a neat and orderly stage for some reason. I think I am going to start with trying to get my dining room table uncluttered (DH's favorite dumping ground) and work on all the paper that never gets tossed or shredded. (I think I will even break out the shredder from under the desk and out it into overdrive.)

Well... it seems that writing about my issues has helped and I am ready to go tackle the 2 afore mentioned projects and get that shredder going! If you see smoke from over my way... that will be the shredder!

Thanks for reading!
~Suzanne

No comments: