Thursday, April 22, 2010

Up to What?

I was laying pretty low most of yesterday... my back has been killing me. I rested most of the day and tried not to really move much. I even slept in the chair for awhile... with a little red dog in my lap. DH came home from work and just let me sleep.

Later, he woke me up and told me that he was taking care of dinner... he was taking me out. We ended up doing our old favorite of Cracker Barrel. We went south and tried to make the best of it with the ditz of a waitress we had. I think she was trying too hard. On the way out... I spied the book rack and ended up picking up another Gooseberry Patch cookbook to add to my collection. (There was a time when I would never miss one of their books, but I was running out of room and it just wasn't really feasible to buy more.) Anyway, I picked up "Casseroles" because it had great seafood dishes that DH would really like.

DH also called our landlord yesterday. We had told him a couple of weeks ago that we had a leak in the ceiling... and nothing happened. So, last Saturday while he was delivering flowers to the shop, DH stopped him and brought him into the living room to show him the ceiling tiles so he could see how bad it was. So... DH called to check on the status of things... and Mr. S blew up at him! Anyway... today, the roofer is coming to fix the roof... and I am stuck waiting. (I would have never known if DH hadn't called him, I was set to do shopping today.)

So... here I sit... waiting and trying not to go too crazy. Punky wants to jump in my lap and go to sleep. Hmmm... napping is not a bad way to pass the time while we wait.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Thanks for reading... be blessed!
~Suzanne

No comments: