Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ho-Hummmm....

So far, it's been a fairly quiet week for me. Not so much for DH, as he had both a doctor's appointment and a dentist appointment on the same day. (I told him he'd be rushed.) His doctor appointment went well and he was placed on additional medication to help his stomach. He also found out that the chest pain he had while in the hospital was in fact a pulmonary embolism! Good thing he was already there when it was going on! He's fine now... but, Sheesh! He is also dropping weight and he wants to lose another 20 pounds. He's well on his way.

Me... I need to learn that just because I am "having a good day" and "have lots of energy" that I should not try and do certain things... like pick up benches and move them. My back is killing me. I feel like I can't take a deep breath and leaning over is about to make me cry. So... I'm resting, using the heating pad, and slowly doing stretching exercises to help it heal. It's also hard because Pumpkin wants to be in my lap every time I sit down. She's gotten very attached as of late... she will fall asleep in my lap at any opportunity she's given.

We did go back to church on Sunday. It felt a little strange to be there. I was quite amused by the fact that several people came swarming around us to welcome us back... considering that no one has bothered to reach out to us during the last 9 weeks while my Mom was passing away, or while John or I were in the hospital. (I shouldn't be bitter... I don't think I am, but I do find it to be a bit much all of a sudden to be placed in such a "tizzy." Am I wrong here? Probably.

I have been itching to get busy and get the yard set up for outdoor living. DH got the patio cleaned off and most of the Winter clean-up from the Fir trees done. The weather is not really cooperating, it's still too cold to do any planting yet... it's going to be 34 degrees tomorrow morning and raining for the next 4 out of 6 days. I am impatient with wanting it all to look pretty and colorful. I so want Spring to really get here!

Thanks for reading... be blessed!
~Suzanne

No comments: