Sunday, February 10, 2013

Weekend in Review

This weekend has been a bit crazy around here... we caught the edge of the winter storm and had about 8 inches of snow down here. DH's family lives in Northeast Connecticut and they received about 40 inches of snow.

During the storm... DH had to be out in it. He had signed up for an overnight shift and ended up working over on his regular shift as well. He came home at 5 and ate dinner and got ready for his next shift. Because it was snowing so badly, I suggested that he leave early and rest at work instead of trying to get there during the height of it. He was going to take the car but ended up having to come back and get the SUV out of the garage and use it to get up the hill. He made it there quite fine and made it home in the morning at 7:30 to shovel and help the plow guy.

We decided to go up to Sam's Club yesterday and do some shopping. We had a ball and really enjoyed our time together. DH is quite fun to go shopping with as he loves to look at everything. He's very patient with me as I decide on what I need for the house. I did happen to find a 6 1/2 qt. enameled dutch oven at a very reasonable price. It did make it's way to our home.

When we got home, there was a call on the answering machine from Sophie's former Foster family. I had contacted them as I felt Sophie was not adjusting to life here as well as I had hoped. We decided to rehome her with their help. They had found 2 families that wanted her and we ended up taking her to her new home last night. It was very traumatic... and Sophie was not going to go into the house with us to meet her new family until I picked up my purse and started inside. Her new home has a large dog as well and a nice large fenced yard for her... and 5 kids to love her. it was hard on her to be cooped up with me with the cold weather and snow.

Today, I tried to sleep in but Pumpkin had other plans. One thing she learned from Sophie is how to wake me in the morning. Today has been a trial with Pumpkin as she is missing Sophie. She has decided to soil the floor on several occasions today instead of communicating her needs...  so I will have to start working with her tomorrow on her manners.

DH has worked today as well... he takes such good care of us. I appreciate how hard he works. I was able to also chat with several former co-workers this weekend, and I am so glad to be able to stay home these days as I heard several stories, all the same, about how hard and hostile the work environment has become. Very glad that I don't have to be subjected to the things I have heard.

Thanks for reading. Please be blessed!
~Suzanne

No comments: