Thursday, February 14, 2013

Contemplating

This has been a rather tough week for me...

We ended up rehoming Sophie Jean and it has broken my heart. I miss her big, goofy face and her sweet, tender kisses and her big, clunky paws that left bruises on my body. I cried all the way home.

Punky-dog has had a few issues this week... she decided she was upset with us for taking Sophie Jean away. She left more than one "warm little gift" in several places on Sunday and Monday. Thank the good Lord above that I have one of those handy pet steam carpet cleaners! She's settled down and is enjoying being the only dog in the house again. (She's NOT spoiled... at all.   ahem.)

I've been having issues with being cold, not being able to move when the cold air hits me... causing some crazy stiffness and pain in both of my knees. Add the stupid neuropathy in my feet trying to settle into my bunion... and it makes being "mobile" much harder. It makes it hard to walk the dog, and to really get anything done.

I haven't had much reason to go out... we did most of our grocery shopping on the weekend, altho I did have to go and get DH's prescriptions for him Monday night. I am just wondering what has changed that I am feeling all this pain?

I have also been contemplating the desire to get into my craft area and paint. I have several ideas that would like to do... I just hope I don't go blank when I get in there. (I often find that I do go blank once I sit down to start! It's frustrating! More than a little aggravating, no?)

I have been also contemplating working on my cookbook again. It's a project that I started almost 3 years ago and I would like to finish it. I know that I need to work more on discipline and also that ability to cook and photograph the recipes to make an eye pleasing book. It takes time and creativity... and I need to just work on a section at a time.

I've also been contemplating why it is that when I try and go to sleep at night, I find that I am thinking of crazy things such as recounting all the places I lived when I was married to my first husband. Isn't that nuts??? Or laying awake thinking of some of the crazy things I did in my 20's while I was married to that man and how difficult he made life for us. Crazy, crazy, crazy!!!

Thanks for reading... have a blessed day!
~Suzanne

No comments: