Sunday, February 27, 2011

Reflections and Thoughts...

As I am enjoying the quiet of the morning... I began to think of the last 2 weeks. We've both had the flu prior to this past week. Work wise... we've both been busy. DH has had such a busy week this past week that I've tried be quiet and let him sleep as much as possible. I seem to be back on a regular sleep cycle of only needing between 7 and 8 hours of rest.

We've had appointments to keep and extra drive times because of weather. We've also begun to take a hard look at finances and where we can cut back to keep up with the rising costs of everything else. I think we are going to be trying to stretch our food dollars and eat at home much more. It's hard to not want to go out for a meal when I fight fatigue as much as I do... living with the after affects of cancer can be really tough sometimes. Yes... I am cancer free... but the changes a body goes through and the maintenance medications also take it's toll on you, be it in energy to carry on through the day or in a myriad of other ways.

We've decided that we are either going to go back to cleaning the house ourselves or have the cleaning lady only come twice a month. We have projects that we want to do this Spring... but we are wondering if we should do them, given the state of world affairs and how they are affecting each of us directly in the pocket book. We've had some big set-backs in the last 6 months... and we don't have our nest egg anymore. We need to be diligent in saving as much as we can but also be smart in how we spend our money. I know that God does supply our needs... but it's also my responsibility to be wise in my spending habits.

Well.... this has gone in a different direction... but it's out there now. We continue to seek what God would have us to do... and we continue to struggle with being human and having wants and desires. I need to remind myself to be content with what I have... it's more than a lot of people have... and I don't want to worry about having to "keep up with the Jones or the Smiths". We are happy and we love our quiet life... and we take great comfort in knowing that God is a restorative God who loves us.

Thanks for reading... be blessed!
~Suzanne

No comments: