Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Struggles

I don't really have much to say of late... other than I am having struggles on so many fronts. My health seems to waiver back and forth... good days and bad days seem to fight for balance. I went through a tough arthritic flare a few weeks ago that had me in bed and knocked out for days.

I also struggle with keeping up with house work and chores and keeping my husband ready for his grueling work schedule. He has been working 12 hours days... 21 days in a row. When he finally was able to use some vacation time, it was all spent on getting things ready for winter as he is not certain when his next time off will be. When I have a good day, I grocery shop. The rest of the time, I pack lunches and do laundry.

I have done some canning in the last few weeks. I just couldn't help myself from taking advantage of all the good produce that is grown locally. I just had to put some things up for the winter. That too, has taken it's toll on me. I get exhausted after a day of working... and need to sleep and nap for the next 2 days after that.

I also struggle with things from my past, things that are triggered by news reports. I have done a book outline, preface and have started to write in order to cope with all that troubles me. Someday, I will finish and be able to share it. But for now, it will be a memoir for my family.

I wish this post was more positive... but I do know that I can say that I have a wonderful husband who loves me deeply and takes such good care of me. I have my sweet Pumpkin-dog who adores me, and my silly Cooper-dog who entertains me as much as he drives me crazy. That is quite a lot in scheme of things these days. Yes, I am very blessed.

Thanks for reading!
~Suzanne

No comments: