Wednesday, July 24, 2013

It's been awhile

I haven't been posting as of late because I haven't been feeling all that well. Most days, I feel like I've been ran over by a freight train. I ache all over, my right knee is barely holding on as it feels like my lateral ligament is about to let go at any moment. Fatigue grips most of my afternoons. It's all I can do to take a shower and get myself out the door to grocery shopping. If DH is still sleeping (as is the norm when he works 3pm to 3am) I struggle to bring in my purchases and put away the perishables. My day is pretty well shot after that... and I struggle with getting DH's lunch made.

I am starting to wonder if I don't suffer from fibromyalgia what with all the pain my joints are in or if in fact it's arthritis spreading. Most of my summer plans for the yard have been placed on hold due to how I feel and that DH is not home much. He works almost all the time... weekends included. And most of the time, it's a 12 hour day.

We did manage a fast trip to Connecticut for the 4th of July and DH's Grams 95th birthday party. It was a fun time and so many family were there to visit... it was a great party inspite of the heat and humidity. Punky dog didn't take to that heat/humidity combo... she had 3 nice cool dunks in the bathtub to help keep heat exhaustion at bay for her. (That meant I got to spend most of my day in a soaking wet t-shirt in front of the a/c to keep her cool. She's such a cute little dear-heart of a dog that I didn't mind. She is our baby after all!

I think the highlight of my week was seeing a couple of girlfriends from work for lunch this past Friday and having DH home for Sunday. We went out for dinner, it was a lovely evening but I've been exhausted ever since. I bought canning supplies to do some freezer jams, but have yet to go to the Amish market to buy anything. (There's always next year.)

That's all I have... sorry it sounds like a laundry list of aches and pains.
Thanks for reading...

Suzanne

No comments: